We are always looking for skilled, compassionate individuals to help us in our goal of delivering high-quality veterinary care and excellent customer service. If you seek a career in veterinary medicine, please contact us.
Thank you to everyone who has shown interest in a position at our hospital. We appreciate you submitting your resume.
Email your cover letter and resume here or mail or email your cover letter and resume to:
Hawthorne Hills Veterinary Hospital
6512 12th AVE NE
Seattle, WA 98115
Hawthorne Hills Veterinary Hospital is a privately owned three doctor, AAHA Accredited and Cat Friendly Certified veterinary hospital.
Our clients and patients are friends and neighbors; their concerns matter to us so our focus is on superior service and high-touch patient care. Longer appointment times and well trained staff enable us to practice quality, compassionate medicine. We have committed to gentle, low stress handling and all of our team members have obtained their Fear Free Certification.
Join our team and receive a competitive salary. Full time employees enjoy the following benefits – medical, dental and vision coverage, uniform allowance, continuing education, paid licensing, AAHA membership, Orca Card, PTO, paid holidays, a Simple IRA retirement plan and pet care discounts.
Full Time Doctor
Our team seeks a fourth DVM with a positive work ethic, who enjoys building relationships and practices excellent medicine. We are looking for an individual who promotes the value of preventative care and is confident in diagnostic workups and internal medicine. A successful candidate also has strong skills in dentistry, soft tissue surgery and an interest in embracing new ideas and technology.
In 2020 we moved our hospital to its current location in the Roosevelt District. The growing area provides easy access to restaurants, shops, parks and light rail service. The surrounding neighborhood has single family homes and many pet friendly apartments. The hospital features new equipment and technologies for in-patient and out-patient fear free services.
Our clientele value their pets and trust us to guide them through a lifetime of care – from puppies to senior cats. We offer traditional visits (still curbside) & telemedicine consults; we embrace the tenets of Fear Free and are a Cat Friendly certified hospital. In addition, we have developed an excellent reputation with our mobile and referral specialists.
Client Care Team
This position is the face of our practice. You will interact with our clients in person and on the phone and, along with the doctors and other members of our team, provide exceptional customer service. Direct hands on animal assistance will be expected from time to time.
An outgoing sociable attitude and eagerness to work with clients and
their pets are key factors of a successful candidate. Phone and computer skills are essential along with a motivation to work hard. Previous direct customer service experience is required; a college degree is preferred. Must take pride in delivering a high standard of customer service and a commitment to making a difference in the lives of the clients and pets we see.
The characteristics we are looking to find: Is this you?
- A people person
- Detail oriented
- The confidence to learn quickly
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
Specific duties will vary according to the needs of the hospital and include, but are not limited to:
- Greet clients with a smile on your face and in your voice
- Engage clients and build relationships and trust
- Answer the phone and schedule appointments
- Keep excellent medical records, as well as skilled in computer use and data entry
- Understand and promote the health services we provide
- Check clients/patients in and out of the hospital
- Reconcile invoices and payments
- Assist in daily cleaning to maintain our sparkling hospital
Licensed Veterinary Technician
Applicants for the Veterinary Technician position must have a current license in the State of Washington and ideally at least one year work experience as a licensed technician. New graduates will be considered based on experience during technician schooling.
Outgoing individuals who are friendly, enjoy working with the public, possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and the desire to work hard are key attributes of a successful candidate. Compassionate care and skill working with dogs and cats are essential. We utilize our technical staff in all aspects of day practice: outpatient visits, anesthesia, dental care, radiography, PennHIP screenings, surgery, laboratory testing, and client communications. Technicians are expected to maintain accurate medical records, demonstrate a high degree of attention to detail, and be able to work both independently and as a part of a team.
Patient Care Team
This position varies daily with tasks that range from boarding care to being our doctor’s right hand person in and out of exam appointments.
The characteristics we are looking to find: Is this you?
- Enjoys working with people
- Must possess a welcoming presence in-person and on the phone
- Motivated to provide compassionate animal care to both dogs and cats
- Able to follow detailed job instructions
- Able to return to tasks and complete in a timely fashion, if interrupted
- Proficient in detailed record keeping – both electronic and paper formats
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must take pride in delivering a high standard of customer service and a commitment to making a difference in the lives of the clients and pets we see
Specific duties will vary according to the needs of the hospital and include – you guessed it – lots of cleaning and maintenance responsibilities since we are a medical facility. Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Utilizing ‘Fear Free’ handling skills – we expect you to become Certified
- Utilizing effective low-stress restraint techniques
- Daily patient care of both dogs and cats as directed – in-patient and out-patient visits
- Cleaning which includes doing laundry, maintaining animal cages, exam rooms, and patient treatment areas
- Unpacking deliveries and stocking rooms
- Assisting doctors during out-patient visits as trained
- Recording patient care information and client communications in medical records
- Conveying information to clients as directed
- Providing client education as trained
- Assisting with medical and patient procedures such as nail trims, cleaning ears, bathing and light grooming, collecting laboratory samples, taking radiographs, monitoring anesthesia