We are always looking for skilled, compassionate individuals to help us in our goal of delivering high-quality veterinary care and excellent customer service. If you seek a career in veterinary medicine, please contact us. Thank you to everyone who has shown interest in a position at our hospital. We appreciate you submitting your resume. Email your cover letter and resume here
You can also mail your cover letter and resume to:
Hawthorne Hills Veterinary Hospital
6512 12th AVE NE
Seattle, WA 98115
Hawthorne Hills Veterinary Hospital is a privately owned, AAHA Accredited and Cat Friendly Certified veterinary hospital.
Our clients and patients are friends and neighbors; their concerns matter to us so our focus is on superior service and high-touch patient care. Longer appointment times and well trained staff enable us to practice quality, compassionate medicine. We have committed to gentle, low stress handling and all of our team members have obtained their Fear Free Certification.
Join our team and receive a competitive salary. Full time employees enjoy the following benefits – medical, dental and vision coverage, uniform allowance, continuing education, paid licensing, AAHA membership, Orca Card, PTO, paid holidays, a Simple IRA retirement plan and pet care discounts. Doctors may enjoy additional benefits per their contracts.
Are you looking for a collaborative team environment in a privately owned hospital with potential for buy in? Joining our team means you get dedicated desk time, a lunch hour every day along with weekends and evenings free. Our team seeks a Fear Free certified (or wants to be) DVM who advocates for best care, enjoys working up cases, and wants to develop their dental and surgical skills.
We’ve had 13 employees go on to veterinary school; that does not happen by chance. While experienced veterinarians are desired, we welcome new(er) grads to apply. We believe in mentoring; you will get time to ease into our protocols, watch what we do before being left on your own, and you will get side-by-side DVM help if your surgery or dental skills need polishing. Larger practices may have more people, but we have the skillset, interest, and ability to adjust schedules to facilitate training and mentoring.
As a small practice, we believe success comes through personal actions and team work. Doctors enjoy sharing ideas, supporting each other on difficult or challenging cases, and we all pitch in to help when needed. We expect you to be productive as you integrate into the practice, and our compassionate team of licensed (LVT) and unlicensed (CSR, VA) support staff are here to help you succeed.
We are in a modern, well-equipped facility with electronic charting, PCs in all exam rooms, and automated scribing to facilitate efficiency. We utilize multiparameter monitoring, digital x-ray, digital dental, ECG, ultrasound, and more. As part of moving our practice to its current location we employed a watchful eye toward fear-free principles, sound control and ergonomics, including seamless cushioned rubberized flooring. Your back and knees will love working here.
Hawthorne Hills Veterinary Hospital is an AAHA accredited, Cat Friendly certified community-based practice serving the Seattle area for over twenty-three years. We are close to the freeway, and the Roosevelt Light Rail station is across the street which gives you the option of living in the city or the outskirts.
Pro-Sal compensation, no negative accrual, professional dues/licensing, Sick/PTO, Holidays, medical, dental, vision, EAP, CE and time to attend, VIN, simple IRA with match among other benefits. Submit your cover letter and resume/CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org attention Dr. Riedinger.
This position is the face of our practice. You will interact with our clients in person and on the phone and, along with the doctors and other members of our team, provide exceptional customer service. Direct hands on animal assistance will be expected from time to time.
An outgoing sociable attitude and eagerness to work with clients and
their pets are key factors of a successful candidate. Phone and computer skills are essential along with a motivation to work hard. Previous direct customer service experience is required; a college degree is preferred. Must take pride in delivering a high standard of customer service and a commitment to making a difference in the lives of the clients and pets we see.
The characteristics we are looking to find: Is this you?
- A people person
- Detail oriented
- The confidence to learn quickly
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
Specific duties will vary according to the needs of the hospital and include, but are not limited to:
- Greet clients with a smile on your face and in your voice
- Engage clients and build relationships and trust
- Answer the phone and schedule appointments
- Keep excellent medical records, as well as skilled in computer use and data entry
- Understand and promote the health services we provide
- Check clients/patients in and out of the hospital
- Reconcile invoices and payments
- Assist in daily cleaning to maintain our sparkling hospital
Applicants for the Veterinary Technician position must have a current license in the State of Washington and ideally at least one year work experience as a licensed technician. New graduates will be considered based on experience during technician schooling.
Outgoing individuals who are friendly, enjoy working with the public, possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and the desire to work hard are key attributes of a successful candidate. Compassionate care and skill working with dogs and cats are essential. We utilize our technical staff in all aspects of day practice: outpatient visits, anesthesia, dental care, radiography, PennHIP screenings, surgery, laboratory testing, and client communications. Technicians are expected to maintain accurate medical records, demonstrate a high degree of attention to detail, and be able to work both independently and as a part of a team.
This position varies daily with tasks that range from boarding care to being our doctor’s right hand person in and out of exam appointments.
The characteristics we are looking to find: Is this you?
- Enjoys working with people
- Must possess a welcoming presence in-person and on the phone
- Motivated to provide compassionate animal care to both dogs and cats
- Able to follow detailed job instructions
- Able to return to tasks and complete in a timely fashion, if interrupted
- Proficient in detailed record keeping – both electronic and paper formats
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must take pride in delivering a high standard of customer service and a commitment to making a difference in the lives of the clients and pets we see
Specific duties will vary according to the needs of the hospital and include – you guessed it – lots of cleaning and maintenance responsibilities since we are a medical facility. Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Utilizing ‘Fear Free’ handling skills – we expect you to become Certified
- Utilizing effective low-stress restraint techniques
- Daily patient care of both dogs and cats as directed – in-patient and out-patient visits
- Cleaning which includes doing laundry, maintaining animal cages, exam rooms, and patient treatment areas
- Unpacking deliveries and stocking rooms
- Assisting doctors during out-patient visits as trained
- Recording patient care information and client communications in medical records
- Conveying information to clients as directed
- Providing client education as trained
- Assisting with medical and patient procedures such as nail trims, cleaning ears, bathing and light grooming, collecting laboratory samples, taking radiographs, monitoring anesthesia