In light of the recommendations from the CDC, Washington State Veterinary Medical Association and the human medical community we are implementing some additional changes to our schedule and operating hours. Our hope is that we will reduce the likelihood of any of our employees getting sick, help to conserve product and supplies to assist the human medical community and yet address the medical needs of our dog & cat patients.
We will be contacting all clients who already have appointments scheduled to discuss how this may affect you and your pet. Obviously, this is a fluid situation and things may change quickly. Here are our current guidelines:
- We are suspending office hours on our half day Wednesday and also on Saturday. For now, we will be open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 8am – 5:30pm.
- We will be closed during the lunch hour from 12:30pm – 1:30pm.
- We will be prioritizing appointments for those patients whose care cannot be postponed, or have medical issues that need to be addressed.
- We are suspending all elective procedures for the next 2 weeks, and then re-evaluating. We may need to reschedule non-urgent procedures for up to a month.
- We are limiting the number of appointments per hour to reduce the number of people at the hospital at one time.
- If you are sick, have been around someone who is sick, or have traveled recently – please let us know beforehand. If your pet needs to be seen, we ask that someone else bring your pet to the appointment. We can take a history over the phone and update you after the doctor’s examination so that you are involved in any decision-making process.
- Please limit individuals accompanying your pet to one adult only; no children. Other family members will need to remain outside or in your car.
- We ask that all clients arriving at the hospital, take appropriate precautions. Use hand sanitizer upon entering, and remain seated in our lobby or exam room as directed.
- Our assistants will bring your pet to our treatment area for the exam and any needed treatment. At the end of the visit either the assistant or doctor will discuss any home care, medication instructions and next steps.
- For clients picking up medications or food we ask that you pay online before heading to the hospital. Please call or text from one of the curbside loading zones, and we will bring your product to you.