Oh Torri. Saying goodbye to you has left my heart in pieces. Voids are everywhere…. In my head, in my heart and in our home.
One of the best decisions we ever made was to drive 18 hours each way to that tiny shelter in Torrington, Wyoming to rescue you. It was meant to be. I think you knew it too.
You bonded with us before marriage and before children. We taught you how to play with toys how to bark and how to walk on a leash. Our adventures with you range from coastal road trips, to car camping, to backpacking near alpine lakes, to Colorado vacations, to endless walks around the city. You were a perfect traveler, always loving to be near us. Having you as our canine companion brought us so much joy and we are forever thankful for your love and trust.
I miss so much about you…
- Your smiling, fluffy, foxy face
- Your non-stops games of fetch
- Your gentle soul
- Your tip toe sounds of walking on our hardwood floors
- Your absolute love of every human you ever met
- Your athletic ability to catch a frisbee in midair
- Your wet nose nudging me at my desk
- Your immediate response to the sound of the cookie jar opening
- Your love of walks, runs, and time outside in your yard
One third of my life story includes you and for that, I am forever grateful.
For all the tomorrows that will come, I will think of you and remind myself how unique and special you were and how much happiness you brought to our world over the 15 years that you were ours. You had a great life.
Rest easy, Torri.